Here are the requirements for baptism.
The Parents must provide the following:
▫ The original birth certificate of the child.
▫ Proof of residence (current address) and telephone number of the parents of the child.
▫ Photocopy of godparents’ identification and their telephone numbers
▫ An offering to the church as follows:
- $60 per child for families who are not registered members or live outside of the Parish boundaries
- or $40 per child for families who are registered members or live within the Parish boundaries
- Please bring exact change, check, or money order
If the parents or godparents have already taken classes, bring the Proof at the time of registration.
You must bring all necessary documents at time of registration, otherwise you will not be able to register!
Note: Only children who are 6 years of age and under may be baptized as infants.
▫ English Baptisms are Saturdays at 4:30pm Mass and Sundays at 10:00am Mass.
▫ Bilingual Baptisms are Sundays at 2:30 PM Mass.
▫ The Baptism classes (3 classes) are held on Mondays from 6:45pm – 9:00pm (The day of registration you will receive the dates of the classes). Certification for course completion will be given until the 3rd class.
▫ You should register in the Parish Office during office hours and do not need to bring any documentation.
▫ The classes are Mondays (3 classes) from 6:45pm – 9pmand they cost $60.00
The godparents represent both the expanded spiritual family of the one to be baptized and the role of the Church as a mother. As occasion offers, godparents help the parents so that children will come to profess the faith and live up to it.
▫ The godparents need to have received the Sacraments of Baptism, First Communion, and Confirmation.
▫ The godparents should live a life consistent with the Catholic faith:
- Potential godparents should attend Mass regularly and participate in holy communion during Mass
- If the potential godparent(s) is (are) married, they should be married by the Catholic Church
- If the potential godparent(s) is (are) single they need to have all 3 Sacraments and should not be living in a civil union.
NOTE: If the potential godparents are a couple (and are living together as common law spouses, or were married only civilly) a meeting must be set up with the priest of our Parish.